This doesn't seem to be a very well thought out collection of this great mans work or legacy. Audio could be greatly restored using even basic audio technology. Context and timeframe for given speeches is missing depriving the listener from valuable learning.
Yes there is important content here like the rally at Central Park following Kings assassination. Overall listeners would do better to keep searching.
10 of 10 people found this review helpful
1. Speeches are repeated, probably more than once. Certainly there are repetitive refrains and phrases from one speech to another, but to replay the same speech?
2. The speeches are seeming in a random order, some from late in his life and work are early and others from much earlier appear much later.
3. Quality control is poor, I believe this was digitized from something like a CD as there are parts when it sounds like a CD skipping.
4. Nothing to introduce the speech, and to set the time, or give any context.
1. For many of the speeches, the audio quality is quite good.
2. There are few speakers as engaging as MLK Jr.
3. The repetition is at least some of the more memorable speeches. I know them better.
Do feel like this was thrown together with little care for quality or understanding. Feels like profiting from the name of MLK, and not a real tribute to the man.
I'll try another collection.
20 of 21 people found this review helpful
Great speeches but the sound quality is not great. This makes it tiresome to listen to.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful
What a tremendous experience to get to hear the sonorous voice of Dr. King! Although it would be wonderful to have the audio sound as if it was a live presentation from 2012, it is ridiculous to rate the collection of speeches based solely on the sound quality (as one reviewer did). Yes, I had to backtrack 30 seconds from time to time because the sound quality made it difficult for me to hear a word, but that was an inconsequential inconvenience compared to the priviledge of hearing Dr. King's speeches.
It would have been great if each speech could have been labeled better, but that too is not of importance compared to the honor of being able to listen to and learn from one of the greatest minds of all time. Thank you, Audible, for making this book available!
8 of 9 people found this review helpful
lots of repeated speeches and the sound quality is not always great but it is actually him speaking is very good
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
If you could sum up Speeches by Martin Luther King Jr.: The Ultimate Collection in three words, what would they be?
Educational and inspirational!
What was one of the most memorable moments of Speeches by Martin Luther King Jr.: The Ultimate Collection?
Hearing some of the social issues Dr. King spoke of still exist today.
What does the narrator bring to the story that you wouldn’t experience if you just read the book?
Hearing the emotions of the speaker.
Was there a moment in the book that particularly moved you?
The entire book was moving.
6 of 7 people found this review helpful