Sorted By Most Useful
By b on 10-11-13
When the next book
What did you like most about Devoured?
What did you like best about this story?
The nan in the book
Have you listened to any of Elizbeth Louise’s other performances? How does this one compare?
Did you have an emotional reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?
Laughing at bits then crying at bits
Any additional comments?
When the next book we all need to know what going to happen next
By Ms. V. Cistiakovaite on 30-09-13
Very dissapointing and one I wish I'd missed
I will attempt to keep it brief and succinct - the main issues with this book are:
- Very unlikeable and unrelatable characters who lack heart and depth. In particular Lucas. Why any woman would be attracted to a man so shallow, rude and up himself is beyond me and believe me I love rock stars, bad boys and tattoos! Although having said in particularly Lucas the heroine was no better! Complete push over. There's some lame ass attempts by Lucas to teach her to stand up for herself which just did not make sense within the storyline and the book ends with her still not having any back bone.
- Very irritating and predictable story line. The only unpredictible things were how unlikeable Lucas was and what a soft touch Siena was.
- General and total lack of romance. Like completely! I cannot think of a single thing which Lucas or Siena did towards one another which could be classed as romantic or indicative of love.
- Even the core of the book, namely the lust between these two was...lackluster! There's about 2, maybe 3 scenes which could be described as 'sex scenes' and they were bloody boring and unemotional.
- Little similarities with 50 Shades of Grey really ruined this book because where things like threats to spank, tie ups to furniture, need to dominate etc worked in 50 Shades they really didn't in this book because they were half hearted in this book. Despite threatening to spank Siena on several occasions Lucas just never delivers and where's in 50 Shades the hero is 'damaged' and has good reason for his deviancy here Lucas is not shown to havy any reason for behaving like an aboxious and rude rock star. He was just sooooo unlikeable. I really cannot think of any good personality qualities in Lucas - he's like that asshat guy your friend dates and everyone but her sees he's a total asshat.