A Murder in Milburn
- A Culinary Cozy Mystery Box Set with Recipes
- Narrated by: Renee Brame
- Length: 27 hrs and 15 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release date: 15-08-17
- Language: English
- Publisher: McGovern Books
Nora Newberry has been working to make her dreams come true and finally, after 10 years, it's time! She's moved back to her hometown of Milburn, Wyoming, and, together with her lifelong best friend, Raquel Madden, is opening the diner they've been planning since high school. Life couldn't be better...and it's time to celebrate!
Sadly, the celebration doesn't last long. Just three days before the diner is set to open its doors, Raquel is found murdered. And with no clear motive and little cooperation from the townspeople, Nora is thrown into a murder investigation that just may cause her to lose her own life.
Regular price: £28.99
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for £28.99
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By MRS K A COWAN on 07-01-18
A collection of gently written descriptive stories.
Delighted to write that these stories, when read in order, have created an interesting picture of the journeys of Milburn's key characters and the place itself. Will now became another audio book that I can play to help me sleep. Thanks Nancy
By Jaye what if on 29-11-17
murder in Mill burn
I bought this book because it was on special offer basically but I am so glad I did I didn't realise they were six books in the pack but boy and I enjoyed every single one it was a pleasure and an honour to read these books and that hope the author does another group they were brilliant thanks audible
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By bg on 03-09-17
Has potential but...
1. These stories have potential to be light-hearted and fun which is just what we need sometimes and you can see a steady improvement in character development and cohesiveness as you progress from books 1-6.
2. There are many errors in the books which need to be fixed: the dog Maynard is referred to as a Siberian husky/Labrador retriever in the first book but thereafter is described as a Golden retriever. The ending to book 2 is not given. It ends with a character threatening to walk away. It isn't until the start of book 3 that there is a brief reference to that character having committed the crime in book 2. No why, when or how.
3. Technical errors: these include referring to the wrong character, using the wrong pronouns, volume unstable, echoes in the background, and repeated phrases, words, or sentences.
This was an odd experience. I think the set should be cleaned up and sent to anyone who bought this version.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful
By Amazon Customer on 30-10-17
Started out well
I was a little disappointed with this series. The first book skipped the ending. There was audio trouble with books 3, 5 & 6. When there was a chapter switch the narrator's voice changed. The characters were good, but the speed that Nora spoke and the anger that was presented between the sheriff, Nora, & Harvey at times was a little unbelievable. I stuck with it, but would rethink listening to the books. I think probably just reading them would have been better.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful