- How to thrive in a world of too much
- Narrated by: Tony Crabbe
- Length: 8 hrs and 17 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release date: 05-11-15
- Language: English
- Publisher: Hachette Audio UK
In reality, busyness isn't essential. Yes, there is a lot to do, but believing you're always busy because you have so much to do is both false and unhelpful. Busyness is a normal response to a world of too much, but it isn't the only response.
In Busy Tony Crabbe draws on solid psychological research to address one of the great problems of modern life: we're too busy. But it isn't a time-management book. Rather than providing advice for increasing productivity and efficiency, it sets out four key strategies (corresponding to sections of the book) for thriving despite of the overload of too much:
1. Mastery - to move beyond busyness you need to regain a sense of mastery over your life. This section shows you how to build a sense of control back into your life, take responsibility for making choices and set boundaries to protect you from the flood of demands and information.
2. Focus - in a world of too much, success is not about doing more at work but about making an impact. This section outlines three ways to move to a career strategy that doesn't rely on productivity alone.
3. Engagement - busyness can cause you to disengage from the people, values and activities that are important to us. This section provides you with the three keys to reengaging with your work and life.
4. Momentum - part of the challenge to moving beyond busyness is that even if you agree you should make the change, you're too busy to find the time and energy to do anything about it. This section is dedicated to helping you make the change, creating the impetus, energy and clarity to move to a life less busy.
Regular price: £19.99
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for £19.99
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By steve on 05-01-16
Don't be a BUSY fool!
Where does Busy rank among all the audiobooks you’ve listened to so far?
Don't be too BUSY to read or listen to this book. It is a fantastic reality check on how we go about our business and personal life and it will make you start questioning your daily habits and the "I am too busy to do that" attitude we all adopt at times. Tony brings a real passion and inspiration to the book along with a very personal style. Best book of 2015 for me, a must read. Thank you.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful
By Kerry Phillip on 25-11-17
Fantastic book showing how to move beyond busy
A collection of insights that really made me think about how to focus my time and attention. My 2 favourites are “chunking my time” to deal with priorities in blocks and making tough decisions on what to spend time on. I will listen and re-listen to this. Thankyou Tony Crabbe!
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Pam on 07-12-15
Getting things done—right
This book is an makes for an interesting companion to the time management classic "Getting Things Done," in that it helps you figure out which "things" you actually want to do. It also makes a convincing argument that people who strive to be strategic with their time, rather than simply efficient, are not only more effective at their jobs—they're happier, too. Don't try to do everything, the author says—do the right things to get what you want. The same holds true for companies: don't try to be everything to every consumer. Settle on your true brand, and do what makes you the best at it.
If you haven't read "Getting Things Done," I would recommend reading this first, as it puts you in the right mindset for learning concrete strategies for success.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful
By Robyn Smith on 08-10-16
Learned a lot: Put the big things first!
Recommend it for anyone that feels like they can't manage their time, are too busy, or just have too much on their plate.
In summary, manage your attention not your time. Instead of doing more, be strategic in what you spend your time and attention on.
For more, get this book.