A comprehensive collection of superb classic 30-minute short stories. Perfect for commuters, joggers or bedtime listening.
1. 'The Step' by E. F. Benson
2. 'The Squaw' by Bram Stoker
3. 'The Venturers' by O. Henry
4. 'The Assignation' by Edgar Allan Poe
5. 'Mixed Relations' by W. W. Jacobs
6. 'Mademoiselle Fifi' by Guy de Maupassant
7. 'The Mystery of Sasassa Valley' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
8. 'The Encased Man' by Leo Tolstoy
9. 'MS Found in a Bottle' by Edgar Allan Poe
10. 'A Rash Experiment' by W. W. Jacobs
11. 'Mr. Higginbotham's Catastrophe' by Nathaniel Hawthorne
12. 'The Egg' by Sherwood Anderson
13. 'A Source of Irritation' by Stacy Aumonier
14. 'The Horror Horn' by E. F. Benson
15. 'The Famous Race between the Hearse and the Steamroller' by Sidney Keyes
16. 'The Girl who was Tired of Love' by Leonard Merrick
17. 'The Ship that Saw a Ghost' by Frank Norris
18. 'The Mummy's Foot' by Théophile Gautier
19. 'Lost in a Pyramid' by Louisa May Alcott
20. 'The Story of Baelbrow' by E & H Heron
Plus 45 other great tales
We've sent an email with your order details. Order ID #:
To access this title, visit your library in the app or on the desktop website.
Ruined by terrible narration.
If the narration had been better then I have no doubt that I would be giving this 5 stars; the only word I can think of to describe Cathy Dobson's narration is "bizarre." She sounds like she is trying to speak with lower cadence, and she holds the last syllable of each word too long. I can only assume this is to facilitate the feature that allows you to speed up the playback. It doesn't help to speed it up however. Her narration is so off putting I could not bear to listen to any more of it, so frustrating.
Not if they are read by soneone else.
Never, I will be avoiding her from now on.
narrator irritating and prime put off
- Amazon Customer