Summary

If someone took your child, how soon would you stop looking for her? If someone accused your best friend of a terrible crime, when would you stop defending him?
Seven years after Joe Tyler's daughter Elizabeth was abducted, he hasn't stopped looking for answers, and he hasn't forgotten the friend who stood by him as he lost his wife, his home, and his career in his search. Now he's been brought back to San Diego by the news that this friend has been arrested for beating up a teenage girl - a girl not much older than Elizabeth would be now.
Joe is convinced Chuck Winslow is innocent, but Chuck is in a coma and can't explain what happened. And the more Joe hears about what Chuck's been up to in the years he's been gone, the less Joe recognizes his old friend. To find out the truth, he will have to face his ex-wife, his former bosses, and a hometown full of wealth, lies, and illicit privilege. When Chuck's accuser goes missing, Joe must decide where his loyalties truly lie.
©2011 Jeff Shelby (P)2016 Jeff Shelby
Show More Show Less

Regular price: £18.79

Membership details Membership details
  • A 30-day trial plus your first audiobook, free
  • 1 credit/month after trial – choose any book, any price
  • Easy exchanges – swap any book you don’t love
  • Keep your audiobooks, even if you cancel
  • Free, unlimited access to Audio Shows
  • After your trial, Audible is just £7.99/month
Select or Add a new payment method

Buy Now with 1 Credit

By completing your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and authorise Audible to charge your designated card or any other card on file. Please see our Privacy Notice, Cookies Notice and Interest-based Ads Notice.

Buy Now for £18.79

Pay using card ending in
By completing your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and authorise Audible to charge your designated card or any other card on file. Please see our Privacy Notice, Cookies Notice and Interest-based Ads Notice.

No Reviews are Available

Customer Reviews

Most Helpful
5 out of 5 stars
By shelley on 07-10-17

Excellent procedural GREAT Characters!

This book begins with Joe Tyler returning to a San Diego, a place he never wanted to see again. He's an ex police officer who is now a private investigator who specializes in finding missing children. He chose to quit the police force when his own daughter was abducted eight years ago. At first he drank himself in to a stupor and finally realized that wasn't going to get his daughter back.
Now his best fried is in the hospital, in a coma and accused of beating up a girl in high school, that girl is missing. Did she leave on her own or was she abducted? The conflicting stories about her home life aren't helping either.
The secrets and scandals (like teenage prostitution) he uncovers could ruin the lives of many, mostly wealthy members in the community.
And in the background Joe is still looking for his own daughter. She would be 16 years old now...
Chris Andrew Ciulla does an excellent job narrating.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book.
If you found this review helpful please indicate so.

Thank You.

Read more Hide me

17 of 17 people found this review helpful

5 out of 5 stars
By Wayne on 15-10-17

Book 1 in the Joe Tyler series by Jeff Shelby

Joe Tyler was a police detective on Coronado Island (just off the San Diego, CA coast) when his 6 year old daughter who he was supposed to be watching was kidnapped from their front yard. He blames himself although his attorney wife does not blame him. He searched for her unsuccessfully for several years as his marriage fell apart. Now, eight years after the kidnapping, he is a private investigator who searches for lost children. He has never failed to find a child except for his daughter Elizabeth. He continues to search. 40 year old Joe learns from his wife who continues to live in their old house on Coronado that Chuck Winslow his best friend since high school has been beaten up and left for dead and is now in the hospital in a coma. Chuck also stands accused by an eighteen year old high school senior of beating her up. Joe Tyler does not believe his friend would ever do such a thing. Then the girl who accused Chuck is missing. This paragraph merely sets up the novel and gives away none of the plot.

Thread of Hope is a solid 5 star suspense mystery. This is only the second audio book I have heard Chris Andrew Ciulla narrate (the other is Illegal a legal thriller by Paul Levine). His narration is first rate.

Now for the bad news: The Joe Tyler series now includes eight novels with Books 2 through 8 being available only in ebook (Kindle) format. I hope the author or Audible will make the most recent 7 novels in the series available in audio. I could tell you if/when Joe finds his daughter Elizabeth and whether she is dead or alive, but I will not.

Read more Hide me

7 of 7 people found this review helpful

See all reviews