- Sons and Daughters of Lesbians Talk About Their Lives
- Narrated by: Greta Jung, Marisol Ramirez, Napoleon Ryan, Cassandra Morris, Ramon De Ocampo, Devon Sorvari, Jesse Bernstein, J. D. Jackson, Nicol Zanzarella, Karole Foreman
- Length: 4 hrs and 47 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release date: 26-12-12
- Language: English
- Publisher: Audible Studios
For older children, their own sexual orientation is an issue, and there is occasional resentment engendered by a parent's coming out - "Growing up is a hard enough thing to do," says one young woman.
Rafkin edited Different Daughters: A Book by Mothers of Lesbians.
Regular price: £14.09
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for £14.09
Some more like this
- More Narrated by Greta Jung
- More Narrated by Marisol Ramirez
- More Narrated by Napoleon Ryan
- More Narrated by Cassandra Morris
- More Narrated by Ramon De Ocampo
- More Narrated by Devon Sorvari
- More Narrated by Jesse Bernstein
- More Narrated by J. D. Jackson
- More Narrated by Nicol Zanzarella
- More Narrated by Karole Foreman
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Susie on 08-01-13
Pioneer Work on Lesbian Families
This is THE touchstone on the topic of gay families, the book that started it all. Louise’s pioneering books are an unequalled glimpse of how lesbian moms (and daughters) discover and deal with their family lives and children.
Ranging in age from 6 to 40, dozens of sons and daughters of lesbians tell their stories of growing up with lesbian mommies; everything from homophobia, their own sexual orientation, to puberty and toddlerhood. Rafkin has a gift for hearing the heart of every family's turning point.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
By Amazon Customer on 02-12-16
Deep and valuable insight!!
This was everything I was expecting from this book and it did not disappoint me. In general, there are common struggles that are mentioned from experiences lived by having lesbian mothers. However, there is always a positive feeling overall as a conclusion in every experience that made me so happy. Thank you for this insightful content! I needed this knowledge. Loved it from beginning to end.