61 Points of Light
- A Yoga Nidra Meditation for Reducing Anxiety and Increasing Concentration
- Narrated by: Loretta Siani
- Length: 25 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release date: 15-09-15
- Language: English
- Publisher: Loretta M. Siani
Regular price: £3.79
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for £3.79
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Sara on 25-02-16
Grounding & Centering
I really like this short and effective guided meditation. It is a bit different from other body scan type of programs I have experienced. It only lasts about 25 minutes and is perfect for daily practice. However, don't expect to use it as a sleep program. I find that it really focuses my mind and helps with concentration--but I feel alert and don't fall asleep while listening. Further, I can see why it would be great for soldiers and others with PTSD--it is very non threatening, calming and guides the listener back towards their center--often a scary place for people who have experienced a trauma. Dr Siani has a pleasant manner and voice. A positive experience--glad I gave it a try. Recommended.
31 of 34 people found this review helpful
By Justine A. on 02-05-16
Any additional comments?
Just what a guided meditation should be... and what many audio meditations for purchase are not. I have a nice library of guided meditations, quick breaks to longer, deeper, focused sessions, and Loretta Siani's 61 Points of Light is one I'll return to frequently among them all.
1) Siani has a great voice for audio—and for guiding meditation. Her voice and tone are soothing, relaxing, and inviting—friendly. (How many free or sold guided meditations have you bought or sampled, only to find the guide's actual voice NOT at all conducive to comfortable listening or a soothing subject matter!) I thought it was also a great touch when Siani's voice would lower or slow or even fade a bit (not a technical glitch - masterful vocal adjustment for a distinct moment) and suit the words, instructions, etc. perfectly. Many narrators of guided meditation can seem to be more focused on the consistency of their voice and pace of speaking then on the quality of the meditative guidance they are giving and altering their voice for the subject. And, in focused meditation, every moment, every adjustment counts and alters the experience.
2) Siani's personality/manner make you feel "safe." Important, when you are venturing to let another person into your head and guide your subconscious! As I began this meditation, I consciously felt safe with truly letting go and experiencing the next 25 minutes with Siani... and that allowed me to fully experience the meditation as intended.
3) Siani's introduction, before beginning the meditation, was adequately brief and an added benefit. I liked hearing and being reminded of the benefits to be gained from yoga nidra and the 61 Points of Light meditation; it helped me focus on those and "feel" the benefits to a greater extent.
4) The 61 Points of Light meditation itself is DEEPLY relaxing. I honestly have not felt this level of relaxation from any other guided meditation before.
Considering the experience, the connection and comfort with Loretta Siani's narration skills, and the level of relaxation that stands out from other meditation experiences, I'll be perusing her catalog of audio for many more new purchases.
(side note: this is my first purchase from Audible. My previous audio meditations are collected from CDs, meditation apps on the phone, etc. 61 Points of Light came highly recommended, and having just read Loretta Siani's Everyday Miracles: Nine Keys to Miraculous Living and gained a great deal from it, I ventured to sign up to Audible to try out her audio offerings. VERY glad I did.)
2 of 2 people found this review helpful