Health and Nutrition Secrets That Can Save Your Life
- Narrated by: Tom Weiner
- Length: 20 hrs and 45 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release date: 23-06-11
- Language: English
- Publisher: Blackstone Audio, Inc.
Health and Nutrition Secrets That Can Save Your Life also presents the latest information about strokes and heart attacks, diabetes, osteoporosis, protecting the digestive system, and the best ways to keep the immune system young and powerful.
Regular price: £21.69
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for £21.69
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By andrew on 05-04-13
The worst book on nutrition I have ever read!
I have read many books on nutrition and this one stands out as by far the worst! It's just awful in so many ways, here are just a few -
1) it uses so much technical language that it is just not useful for the layman - in fact, even those with a scientific background will struggle! It's just got far too much detail that is just not necessary to get the message across - page after page rambles on like a long list of chemical names and by the end you realise what you have actually taken on board could have been said in just a couple of sentences.
2) If you are relatively up to date with nutritional science and the modern world, there is not much new here - basically, anti oxidants are good, take a multivitamin tablet, don't each processed foods, heavy metals in fish and your tooth fillings are bad, large corporations are often disingenuous when promoting their products etc.
3) The author insists on declaring his religious beliefs throughout the text and it's just not appropriate in my opinion as a reader - nothing wrong with believing in a God, but it's a book about nutrition! I don't have the time to find exact quotes (hard to go back in an audio book) but throughout the book he makes statements like "God created our immune system to fight..." and "by a miracle beyond the comprehension of man, the cells are organised...". He may believe we are the creation of a God, but that belief is subjective and I find it disturbing that he mixes his religious opinions with his "scientific" opinions.
4) the narrator is quite flat and belts out the text like he's reading a list of commands - doesn't help the already dry text! Also this book does not suit the audio format, I found myself desperately wanting to skip the bits where the author spends page after page on detailed biochemistry but you cant do that easily because you need a list of contents and markers in the audio files (which you don't have).
All in all, terrible - don't waste your time and money.
6 of 7 people found this review helpful
By Michael on 18-05-13
I am surprised by Andrews review so I thought I would write one for the people who where in my position rather then an already 'educated' one; because I can tell you for sure, I don't know anyone aside from myself who knows this stuff, and if there where I am sure there would be a lot less ill people out there.
The book goes into so much detail it is extremely impressive, when people go into subjects involving pollutants in every day consumables, from processed foods, to tooth paste you always will be skeptical and argue that the people responsible would have done more research then you, and if they say it's good then it must be. And I am sure this guy (the author), must have had this thrown at him before because he makes sure you can't do it in this book.
So, I could never give this book a bad review because it has the potential of helping a lot of people.
3 of 4 people found this review helpful
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Doug on 12-05-12
Tough listen but really educational
This book contains a lot of very technical information. There's lots of it that's easy to digest, but much of it requires a rewind and relisten to absorb. If you're serious about your health and really pay attention, this book has amazing information that is based on research and fact.
I listened to the audio book and then went and purchased the printed book for reference. It would be great if the author provided a .pdf reference for his vitamin recommendations and a few other items.
Overall it's an excellent listen. Just make sure to pay attention or you'll find yourself rewinding frequently
8 of 9 people found this review helpful
By Jason on 11-11-11
Must Read !
If you care about your health read this book. He talks a lot about the science and corruption that may be causing many of your health problems.
5 of 6 people found this review helpful