Regular price: £18.79
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for £18.79
Thank you Kate for this great piece of work, it was so nice to hear your voice on the move and soak up your wisdom in an area I so need!
This was the most refreshing book on finances!! I enjoyed every chapter and for the first time ever I'm looking forward to opening my bank statements and being on top of my finances. I loved the 'money for me' account idea and all the other tips you gave and will be listening to your book a second time to go through your recommendations one by one and for the first time, implement them into my life as I really now see that money is value.
No more burying my head in the sand which is what I've currently been doing.
You've also re-enforced just how powerful network marketing is as a business model.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful
Not mentioned in the books description, this book is clearly written for women just starting out in life. That being said, it is also poorly written.
1. There are so many much better personal finance books out there. She even mentions one, "I Will Teach You to Be Rich" by Ramirez Sethi.
2. All the gender usages and examples are for women. The language and expressions come off as a late 20's something giving advice to an early 20's something's. Even if some of the advice is good, I find it difficult to take advice from someone who is trying to present themselves as one of the popular kids as opposed to a professional. That being said, I have a daughter in college. If it was well written, I would recommend it to her, but is is not well written.
3. Talking about an abnormal pap smear in detail does not belong in any book about finance.
4. Lots of digression. She has a real difficult time staying on topic.
5. I can only guess that this book was only published because her mother is a Oprah Book Club best seller (as mentioned multiple times). There is no way it could have been published on its own merits.
6. Way too many plugs for websites and other products. You should never have to pay to listen to an advertisement.
I am a finance book junky, probably because I make some mistakes when I was in my 20's and reading and listening to them helps keep me focused on what is important to me. Trust me, there are much better books out there.
If you want some sound financial advice, don't waist your money here.
10 of 10 people found this review helpful
What could have made this a 4 or 5-star listening experience for you?
so disappointed by this book who is a serie of cliches and really basic advices, not really revolutionary or innovative
Has Money, A Love Story turned you off from other books in this genre?
Would you be willing to try another one of Kate Northrup’s performances?
What reaction did this book spark in you? Anger, sadness, disappointment?
4 of 4 people found this review helpful