The Ladder: Hypnotherapy for Undoing Obsessive Thoughts
- Narrated by: Loretta Siani
- Length: 25 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release date: 02-09-15
- Language: English
- Publisher: Loretta M. Siani
Regular price: £3.89
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for £3.89
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Justine A. on 08-05-16
What does Loretta Siani bring to the story that you wouldn’t experience if you just read the book?
The carefully guided, nuanced full experience, with rich supplemental audio effects.
Any additional comments?
This was my first experience with "hypnotherapy", rather than the audio guided meditations I'm familiar with. I chose The Ladder to try, as who doesn't struggle with obsessive, nagging, repetitive, totally unwanted thoughts?? Who doesn't want new tools to help address them?
Without expectations—and admittedly, with plenty of doubts, conscious and subconscious—the overall experience of The Ladder was AMAZING, something I want to return to, refer to, and further explore and invest in. Here's why:
- I instantly felt "safe" and trusting, through the entire session. I was quickly put very much at ease, even before any drifting to a deeper state of rest. I didn't hesitate to "go with the flow." The Ladder is accessible to, and easy to follow and benefit from, for even the first-time experiencer.
- Each step, instruction, and suggested imagery lead me through a very pleasant experience with a natural flow, all positive, helpful, reassuring. The whole experience was like taking a trip, without going anywhere. By the end of the audio, I didn't want it to end! I would've willingly, eagerly listened for ages longer.... especially for gathering up more of the benefit I was already feeling during the session.
- The special audio effects were a great, helpful addition, adding to the restful state. The overall volume range was perfect for the experience.
The most memorable take-away from the whole experience? The post-session state of mind AND body: I was very relaxed, totally at ease, felt like I was pleasantly floating, and oddly, unexpectedly NOT rushing! As I walked around the house to carry on with menial tasks, I just felt "not worried" about anything, completely empty of any nagging, negative, plaguing thoughts on any subject. That's worth a million bucks right there.
The different state of mind and body was so obvious and wonderful that one part of my mind even dared to ruin it all, wanting to test myself with the usual annoying thoughts...probably out of horrible lifetime habit. Immediately, a stronger, recently-nourished part of my mind responded, "nah... I don't feel like it." I didn't want to go there, that spell of recycling, regurgitating thoughts automatically was broken, and it was easy to remain in a blissful state of "no mind," a nice, empty mind ready to be filled with positive thoughts and observations.
I couldn't even walk around fast as I usually do, to attend to all the things that aren't urgent anyway. I only wondered why I ever hurry—or worry. I'd completely forgotten.
(Additional note: it's been a few days since listening to The Ladder, the blissful, relaxed feeling is STILL with me!)
3 of 3 people found this review helpful