- Volume 1
- Narrated by: Marlon Lodge
- Length: 1 hr and 11 mins
- Original Recording Audiobook
- Release date: 21-06-06
- Language: English
- Publisher: Earworms (mbt) Ltd
By listening to these specially composed melodies with their rhythmic repetitions of Japanese and English a few times, you pick up over 200 essential words and phrases that will not just be on the tip of your tongue, but will be burned deeply into your long-term memory in next to no time.
If you like music, and want to make rapid progress without any formal knowledge of language learning, Earworms MBT Rapid Japanese is the course for you.
Volume 1 is your survival kit of essential words and phrases to get you by on your trip abroad.
You will feel you are learning within minutes and might just be amazed by how easy acquiring a language can be!
Regular price: £14.99
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for £14.99
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Steven on 26-07-06
Sceptical at the start ...
What can I say ... I was sceptical at first when i purchased this title, ?9.49 for a basic Japanese language course, but let me put that scepticism to rest here and now ... this course is great & well worth the money ... think the Ronseal advertisment ... 'does exactly what it says on the tin!
There is no work on formal written japanese text but lets be honest, i think being able to speak enough basic japanese to get by will be enough for most people !
Like myself, i'm sure that you all remember learning french or whatever at school and how boring or how much of a chore it was ! Well the Earworms learning aid makes practicing the language a fun and enjoyable time! I actually look forward to practicing the course! If only i'd have had this or one off the other language courses by Earworms, I would have surely continued studying a language of some description before now !
I've only had the course just under a week but im quiet able and confident in my ability to use what i have learnt from the course itself. The reason for purchasing the course is due to a possible job offer in Japan and i would like to be able to pass myself intially while i'm there.
Great course, great layout, great results after only a few days ! Check it out and see what you think !
Though i do have to point out, like all things, you have to want to learn the material and for people who already have a baisc knowledge fo the language, i would imagine you should sit tight until volume 2 comes out !
22 of 22 people found this review helpful
By Naomi on 17-07-10
Excellent learning system
An innovative way to learn! I found the idea of learning Japanese quite daunting, but this way of learning made it relatively painless. The music and repetition seems to make it stick! The teachers have lovely voices, which makes it very easy to listen to. Recommended.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Carsten on 16-09-07
Bad soundquality makes it very difficult to hear the exact pronounciation oft the japanese phrases. That's unfortunate because the recording is contentwise quite useful.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful
By Mark on 12-07-07
A True Breakthrough
WOW! Having just purchased and listened to Rapid Japanese several times during a beach vacation, I can report that this is truly a BREAKTHROUGH product!!! Here's why:
- The music and the entire approach makes it an effortless pleasure to work through the material. You'll actually ENJOY yourself while learning.
- The music and pacing puts your brain into hypnotic state where the words and phrases are effortlessly burned into your memory.
Music is only the tip of the iceberg:
- The pairing of an English learner and native Japanese speaker. The English learner (narrator) see's things from YOUR perspective asking questions and figuring things out on your behalf.
- Delicious repetition. Each new word and phrase is repeated over and over and over and over, often with subtle variations. I LOVE IT!
- Complex phrases are broken into their constituent parts. Starting from a complex phrase the English learner (narrator) queries his Japanese language buddy for the meanings of each part of the phrase and then rebuilds these parts back into the original combination. As a result things make sense and you're able to hear the parts and intuitively grasp the grammatical structure!
- The English learning (narrator) pronounces the Japanese phrases in way that is closer to the way a new English speaker would - this makes it easier to decipher the sounds. However this less than perfect pronounciation is always paired with a native speaker saying the same phrases perfectly. This combination allows you to hear the phonemes and then shift towards native pronounciation.
- The program introduces Japanese grammer and language constructs - but does so in a right brained immersive way.
I have used many, many language products and I can say without hesitation that Rapid Japanese Vol 1 is the best I've experienced.
My only complaint is that there is only 1 volume
PLEASE produce 20 more volumes just like this!!!
4 of 5 people found this review helpful