Regular price: £3.89
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for £3.89
I wasn't aware when I purchased this that it was an unofficial / independent publication. I was hoping for something that would go more into the science behind the book.
This was my first and last sidekick book. The author presents some ridiculous points as these:
1. Andy Weir wants us to compare our moms to prostitutes
2. Weir calls the land traveling vehicles as a 'rover' to make us to believe that they are metaphors for dogs ... Rover, get it ... dog's name
3. We should compare ourselves to the protagonist because his name is not given until the third chapter and is thus representing any farmer or truck driver (think common man or woman).
4. Apparently there are supposed parallels to Q of the James Bond stories
5. Basically even though men and women are clearly described there are no genders in this story.
I would like to say that alternate endings that are given would be interesting but they are, however, ridiculous
I want my 3 bucks back. These sidekick books are only here to ride on the fame and popularity of award-winning books by other authors.
15 of 15 people found this review helpful
I was hoping for someone who had actually researched some of the topics in the book. Disappointed to realize this most closely resembles a school book report.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful