Short story author Andrew T. Jayroe brings you Amid Six Worlds, including three titles previously published on Amazon Kindle and three original titles never before seen! These include:
1. "Left": A story of a girl who struggles to identify with her twin brother who was born with a demonizing birth defect in a dystopian world that values genetic perfection.
2. "Strange": A bumbling scientist accidentally releases a strange material with potentially apocalyptic repercussions.
3. "Walk": After the recently departed suddenly reanimate, one undead follows his single, driving desire: to walk.
4. "Hunter's Hell": When Richard Hunter has a terrible car wreck on his way home after a devastating divorce, he finds himself in a hellish recreation of his home town filled with terrible, demonic creatures.
5. "Touch": A fantasy story that served to inspire Andrew T. Jayroe's upcoming novel series The Lords of Anthair in which a reluctant assassin is sent to use his terrible power to murder an innocent child who is destined to throw down the gods.
6. "Lorekeeper": When a young girl in trouble comes to Nyle Reed begging to be taken to a planet in the middle of nowhere, he finds himself in a battle against forces of biblical proportions.
We've sent an email with your order details. Order ID #:
To access this title, visit your library in the app or on the desktop website.
"The strange matter is on the loose."
What a box of delights: six stories ranging in length from 14 to 40 minutes with final adventure lasting for approximately an hour and a quarter - just perfect to tuck into those odd moments when time is short but the.desire for a story, well narrated, takes hold.
The content of each varies considerably, from a storm which brings more than just weather, to a zombie's perspective, a man blighted by his touch, through a sad tale of twins and a race against demons, a real weapon of mass destruction and a space adventure. As in all compendiums some are better than others, but each is well written, engaging and worth the listen.
The stories are made extra pleasurable by the readings. Persephone Rose has a most pleasant voice and he uses it well to give emphasis, add fear, solicit empathy and emotion. Each narration is clear, perfectly paced, complementing the text, making every story one told personally to the listener.
I was fortunate in that I was, at my request, freely gifted a copy of Andrew Jayroe's stories by the rights holder, via Audiobook Boom. Thank you. I was previously unaware of this author but will certainly look out for more by him in the future. The combination of writer and narrator is excellent and there is a little something for everyone who enjoys science fiction and fantasy, or even just a touch of horror.
- Norma Miles