These fractured, unconventional spins on classics like Medusa, Sherlock Holmes, and 'Jack and the Beanstalk' provide a behind-the-curtain look at villains' acts of vengeance, defiance, and rage - and the pain, heartbreak, and sorrow that spurned them on. No fairy tale will ever seem quite the same again!
Featuring writing from....
Authors: Renée Ahdieh, Ameriie, Soman Chainani, Susan Dennard, Sarah Enni, Marissa Meyer, Cindy Pon, Victoria Schwab, Samantha Shannon, Adam Silvera, Andrew Smith, April Genevieve Tucholke, and Nicola Yoon.
BookTubers: Benjamin Alderson (Benjaminoftomes), Sasha Alsberg (abookutopia), Whitney Atkinson (WhittyNovels), Tina Burke (ChristinaReadsYA blog and TheLushables), Catriona Feeney (LittleBookOwl), Jesse George (JessetheReader), Zoë Herdt (readbyzoe), Samantha Lane (Thoughts on Tomes), Sophia Lee (thebookbasement), Raeleen Lemay (padfootandprongs07), Regan Perusse (PeruseProject), Christine Riccio (polandbananasBOOKS), and Steph Sinclair & Kat Kennedy (Cuddlebuggery blog and channel).
Regular price: £18.99
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for £18.99
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Doha on 30-08-17
I enjoyed more than I expected
I expected this book to be dark and so villainy, but surprisingly it was sweet and thought provoking with these simple yet deep stories .. some of the essays at the end of the stories helped me to understand the stories better .. so here are my ratings for the stories:
1)The Blood of IMURIV : it was enjoyable and a nice start to the book .. 4.5/5
2) Jack: this story surprised me and the ending was shocking but I was hoping for more 3/5
3) GWEN AND ART AND LANCE: oh man this story was hilarious .. I will certainly check out this author because he is soo funny and quirky and I loved the story 5/5
4) Shirley and Jim: I liked the atmosphere of it .. but the ending was so abrupt 4/5
5) The Blessings of Little Wants : I really couldn't get into this one . it was so boring and I really couldn't connect to the main character 2/5
6) The Sea Witch : it is written by MARISSA MEYER !!! of course it will be amazing :D 5/5
7) Beautiful Venom: this one is heavy though it is one of the shorter stories .. it deals with serious subjects about our society despite being in asian setting 3.75/5
8) Death Knell: I wanted to like this story more than I did .. but I guess I'm from the minority who don't like Victoria Schwab's writing 3.5/5
9)Marigold : I really liked this story .. it is a mashup between Victorian London and fairies .. 4/5
10) you, you, it's all about you : EPIC !! it was soooo good, so exciting and amazing 5/5
11) Julian Breaks Every Rule: I found this one somewhat boring but it has a nice idea 2.5/5
12)Indigo and Shade: I like this retelling and the power of choices in our lives 4.75/5
13) Sera: strange .. I feel like this can be a horror movie 4/5
The Narration was nice and it was on point .. I liked this experience but try listening to it while reading the book it will enhance you understanding of the book
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
By Nadia S. on 01-11-17
I have been waiting all my life for this book!
This is a definite Yes for me!! These short stories had everything. conflict, drama. It was deliciously evil and yet emotional heartfelt. It is true I loved to hurt them & I enjoyed every moment of it.