Regular price: £10.19
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for £10.19
COULD YOU POSSIBLY BE A LITTLE MORE INCOHERENT?
This book and the last book I read by Card have just made me mad. Card is using his famous name to sell crap. I love the early Card, before he became a preacher. Card had some good ideas, but instead of putting them in one book, he decided he could make more money by writing trilogies, knowing his name alone would sell the books. In this book he demonstrates how to stretch a short story into a book.
1. Have about five characters.
2. Have those characters, bitch and fight and discuss every single step they take.
3. Make sure the characters constantly misunderstand each other.
4. Have the characters even debate their and the other characters actions in their own heads. Make sure and really draw out these misunderstandings and insecurities.
5. Have the characters say things figuratively, so other characters can get literal and you can have middle school jokes about what was really meant.
SOMEONE ALWAYS MISUNDERSTANDS WHICH LEADS TO CORRECTION
I am going to try one more time to read a modern Card, (Earth Aware) and if that is as irritating as this, then I will stay with only pre 1990 Card books.
Android One "What was all the discussion about?"
Android Two "It's a human thing."
28 of 32 people found this review helpful
Too much arguing going on between the characters. It distracted from the storyline.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful